If you have a rotator cuff injury, physical therapy is essential to help you restore shoulder range of motion and strength to improve overall functional mobility.
Rotator Cuff Injury
- Rotator cuff injuries are common shoulder injuries that cause pain, weakness, and difficulty putting pressure on the affected side. The rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles that provides stability and movement of the arm.
- Rotator cuff injuries occur either by repetitive activities or traumatic incidences. Common populations affected by repetitive activities are athletes, especially those performing over head activities and rapid acceleration/deceleration, and individuals whose job or hobbies require repetitive lifting and movement of the shoulders.
- Shoulder pain
- Difficulty lifting the arm
- Difficulty sleeping on affected side
- Weakness with daily activities
- At Comprehensive Sports Care your physical therapist will design a program to improve your flexibility, strength and range of motion. This will help restore proper mechanics and reduce shoulder pain with return to activities.