Rotator Cuff Injury
- Rotator cuff injuries are common shoulder injuries that cause pain, weakness, and difficulty putting pressure on the affected side. The rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles that provides stability and movement of the arm.
- Rotator cuff injuries occur either by repetitive activities or traumatic incidences. Common populations affected by repetitive activities are athletes, especially those involving overhead activities and rapid acceleration/deceleration, and individuals whose job or hobbies require repetitive lifting and movement of the shoulders.
- Shoulder pain
- Difficulty lifting the arm
- Difficulty sleeping on affected side
- Weakness with daily activities
- At Comprehensive Sports Care you physical therapist will design a program to improve your flexibility, strength, and range of motion to restore proper mechanics and reduce the shoulder pain and return to your activities.